Ms. Ellay

suivez-moi

3.29.2009

i'm me! who are you?

reflecting on the past few months i've come to realize that i've unconsciously been untrue to myself. i've been trying to stop cussing, tried to pretty much go back to the way i was when i was younger. but that's the point, i'm not a little girl. i say bad words, a lot. im not saying that i curse in church or around children, but sometimes nothing seems to get my thoughts across like a few curse words mixed in (ex. un-f***ing-believable). plus all my hype songs have curse words in it...have you ever heard the edited version of jay-z's ignorant sh*t? it sounds horrible. epic fail.
that's just an example of the ways i've been trying to censor myself.
the sad part is i've been altering my own wants and needs for years based on who i'm around, who i like, etc.
i mean its not always bad to alter a decision because of understanding someone elses view, like the tattoo i've wanted for like 6 years.
i'm terrified of needles but i still want it.
but someone made me rethink getting it ever. because they dont like/ want a tattoo.
they have some valid points, when i'm 50 will i still want this tattoo? but on the other hand, i want it in a place where when i'm 50, nobody will be seeing it (my hip ya nasties) but mayb ill just stick with my piercings and ill rethink it after i get my belly button pierced (whenever i work up the nerve to do that)

i refuse to conform to what other people want me to be.
i believe i have enough varied interests to get along with most people without compromising myself.
there are still things i want to learn to do and things i want to learn about, but i know myself.

i hope you know yourself too.

i find it sad that so many people compare themselves to others and doubt themselves so much. we need to stop trying to be what we arent. sure i have a million things i could change but i accepted these things early on and moved on. i wanna lose some weight so i work out. i have a sweet tooth so i bake. im cold and lonely so i get a dog. if there is no solution for your problems, stop stressing about it, that only creates more problems.
remember that just because one person doesn't find you smart, or attractive, or interesting, doesen't mean the rest of the world will agree with them. (the same goes for those who arent your cup of tea)
lets be true to ourselves in 2009, k?

No comments: